CDI & Rapair Limited Warranty Information
Below is a copy of CDI/Rapair's warranty policy. Please note that Seiler Marine Policy also applies, in situations not related to warranty repair or replacement.
ALL warranty claims must be made via email or mail -- we do not process any claims over the phone.
Sending a non-defective part in for warranty will result in a $25 testing fee, plus shipping. Warranty only covers defective parts--not defective troubleshooting procedures.
This limited warranty is subject to the following conditions, should a CDI or Rapair product prove defective by reason of improper workmanship or materials:
- All warranted items must be returned to an authorized Rapair dealer, such as Seiler Marine, with prior authorization.
- CDI & RAPAIR products are warranted to the retail purchaser from the date of sale and/or installation provided a copy of the sales order accompanies the return of the product. Parts returned without the receipt or proof of purchase, will be subject to warranty coverage based on the date of the manufacture as marked on the product label.
- The warranty period for CDI and Rapair products are as follows:
- CDI Electronics ignition modules and stators: 2 years
- All other CDI Electronic products: 1 year
- Rapair Products (P/N with R prefix): 90 days
- Distributed Items (Fluke, Stevens, etc.): Per Manufacturer
- This warranty does not apply: (a) to product damage by accident, misuse, abuse, improper installation, or any acts of god, (b) if the product is altered or repaired by anyone other than CDI Electronics.
- Any part being returned with cut wires will incur a $30 service charge.
- CDI will have no obligations under this warranty with respect to installation errors made by an individual, the servicing dealer and/or his mechanic.
- Should this product prove defective in workmanship or material, the remedies shall be repair or replacement at the discretion of Rapair, Inc.
- Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, all implied warranties made by CDI in connection with this product are limited in duration to a period of one (1) or two (2) years, depending on the item as described above, from the date of installation, and no warranties whether expressed or implied shall apply to this product after said period. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Do not remove the product label for any reason. If removed the label will leave the word void on the unit, and this will immediately void the product's warranty.